Monday 2 September 2013

Nico's Oldhammer Realm of Chaos army

Over the next few days I'll be making a series of posts about last weekend's Oldhammer event at Foundry, and I couldn't resist by starting with a series of pics of Nico's stunning Realm of Chaos figures. Those of you who follow Oldhammer are probably already aware of Nico's figures and games reports on his Realms of Chaos blog; indeed, many of the figures below have already been seen on his blog and elsewhere. But if you love this guy's work as much as I do you're probably quite happy to see these figures again.

As an aside, you may notice a chaos dwarf juggernaut in this lot - Rick Priestley insists that some rules were produced for this war machine, and were packaged with the machine itself. I've never seen these but if you have, please leave a comment below.

It was great to finally meet Nico in person and to chat about his figures. I make no apologies for the number of pictures that follow, or for my obvious obsession with his mounted units in particular - his conversions are among the best I've ever seen:




















































17 comments:

  1. Stunning army! Thanks for sharing.
    All the best,
    Kasper

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice one Steve, and Nico too of course! The thing is, even with an expensive camera like Mr Casey sports, you just cannot capture the quality of these models in an image. They just HAVE to be seen to be believed! Hopefully, many readers of of this blog will one day get the chance to feast their eyes on Nico's stuff. Until then, these excellent photographs will just have to do!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well blow me down - those are exquisite!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nico is probably my favorite old school painter right now...along with Stone Cold Lead, spook talker, and Jaekel... I can't imagine figures looking much better than this...of course they also make me want to throw down my brushes in disgust at my own feeble attempts...but it is good to have some thing to aspire to. His speed of output is insane too...your the man Nico!

    Thanks for the many excellent shots Steve.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great post. Nico is just incredible, and he's managed to top himself AGAIN with that new bunch of chaos knights. The guy is a master.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. His chaos horse conversions have to be seen to be believed.

      Delete
  6. One of Nicosia tips on the day is to buy painted figures, don't strip, add a wash and the add your own highlights on top. Something I have been known to do but with considerably less skill.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That should read Nico's not Nicosia.

      Delete
    2. "Don't strip" ok but only for your basic troops (Skavens Slaves, gobbo, etc...)and when you need to make a fast army :)
      Bye Erny

      Delete
  7. Pure awesomeness!
    It's hard to pick the best/most favotite model.

    ReplyDelete
  8. THANK YOU Steve, I am glad to see my works on your Blog and I appreciate that you enjoy my style :) Horsemen unit is unfinished, need to paint the shields, banners and some little chaotic things :)
    I hope to see you again ;)
    Cheers

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Unfinished? Really?! Please put pics on your blog when they are finished! :-)

      Delete
  9. Simply Fantastic!! Amazing painting!!!
    tom

    ReplyDelete
  10. I could look at these for hours - simply beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wonderfull Army ! Horns Up for Old Chaos from Italy !

    ReplyDelete